Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another photo shoot another failure?


Leading in from my post yesterday about how grateful I am to have so much support. Support isn't a substitute for talent... And, I think talent is eluding me lately. I tried to establish the intent of the shoot; a bebe style outfit for a fashion magazine add. 

One thing that I am definitely going to do before any shoot is create a shoot list and use it. About 200 frames into the shoot I just lost focus. What do I shoot next? Not good...

I don't know that I hate the photos but I don't love them. I'll post a link to some of the images over the next few days.

-nate

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on this. I've been shooting regular people and haven't really had the opportunity to work with (as the main photographer) real paid models.

    I've worked as a secondary, almost close to an art director for real shoots but never as the main shooter so I can't fully comprehend how it feels.

    BUT I do know that with the shoots I've been doing with not so real models, taking an inspiration book with me has been helpful. Poses of photography that I highly enjoy. It provides me with some inspiration but also the people I'm shooting since they don't really do this for a living.

    At any rate, the stuff I've seen thus far is good so talent is there. Just gotta find a way to recharge your battery and het back into the wing of things.

    ReplyDelete