Monday, September 14, 2009

What is your style...

A friend of mine asked "Do you think you have your own distinguished look to your pictures" I immediately replied "No".

What is my style, my look? I hate that question! (Don't take it personal, you know who you are.)

What is your style? I don't even know what that means. I've been thinking about this question a lot. Some professionals say you have to have a style. My question to them is what about change? Everything is always changing. So by defining yourself or your style then you stop changing? I am sure they would answer with a big "No!", but really that is what you are doing... You are saying this is me. This is what I do. This is my style...

So, after struggling with this I've come to the following conclusion.
Every situation requires its own style. The "style" should be representative of my interpretation of the situation. Somethings require edgy with attitude, kinda a big fuck you. Sometimes a soft and airy feel is more appropriate. It all depends on what the situation requires to create the vision.
So at the end of the day my style is whatever I feel the situation calls for.
There you have it, my style....

-nate

No comments:

Post a Comment