Monday, September 21, 2009

Overly Sexy?

OK this is a rant, I'll put that out there right now.
Models what are you doing? Or should I say those that want to be models, what are you doing? The world doesn't revolve around sexy images. Most publications and advertisements out there don't require overly sexy. STOP!
Take a real look at your portfolio. Do you really want to work as a model? If not by all means keep up the wanna be Maxim/Playboy shoots. It takes more then T&A to be a model.
I've been trying to help a friend of mine find a model to do a life style product shoot and every portfolio I showed her she comes to the same conclusion. She comments something to the effect of "I can't see them doing the shoot. They are so sexxxy...." I have to agree they are.
My suggestions to you from a nobody like me.
  • Have a clean none touched-up head shot. People really need to see what you look like.
  • Do more then just sexy. Look at real adds in magazines other then Playboy.
  • Build portfolios (multiple) that shows different looks; life style, fashion, editorial, and yes even sexy if you choose.
I don't know where I've heard this from and I'll probably quote it wrong:
"If you aren't happy with the results you're getting then change what you're doing..."

Maybe I am completely off base, I don't know. That's it....

-nate

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly, we have to see the real side of people before we can appreciate their beauty.

    ReplyDelete