Monday, January 26, 2009

You think it will never happen to you...

I never thought is would happen to me... I was shooting some family editorial portraits (I made that up). On the way there I needed to pickup another compact flash (CF), I forgot to bring enough of mine... :(
Anyways, I formated the CF in the camera and went on my merry way shooting.  When I got home I uploaded into Light Room and I got an error message about not reading some files. I put the CF back into the camera and tried to look at the images. Half of them weren't there... Yep, not there... FUCK!!! I tried running a recovery program; nothing... FUCK! So there you have it, FUCK! I lost half the images. I was chimping  some of the photos on the back of the camera during the shoot and they were there. I even showed them to the client, they were there. Did I say FUCK? There you go... "They" say it can happen and it did... "They" were right.
Backup often don't put all your eggs in one basket. All that good stuff. I hope it doesn't happen to you.

-nate

No comments:

Post a Comment