Sunday, January 25, 2009

My new favorite lens


This is going on my "I wanta list..."I had a chance to use the Canon 85mm L II lens for a photo shoot, and it is amazing. It was a fashion shoot and I've had a problem using a 50mm lens in the past. It's just a bit too wide. A side note, I am using a Canon 5d body.
The lens does focus slow, but you can't really blame it there is a lot of glass moving around in that lens. The images are tack sharp! Unfortunately I really didn't get to mess with the DoF (f1.2) I need a bit more in focus for the client. Ahh, side note it cost $1,800.00. Ouch- I guess I'll stick with renting.
Unfortunately I can't show the images from the photo shoot right now. The client hasn't release them. That is another post.
Below is a test image I shot the week before while testing out the lens. Its not great but not bad...

Anyways, have a goodnight

-nate

No comments:

Post a Comment